A Dental Hygienist’s Humorous Holiday Playlist




At this time of year, I love singing Christmas songs.  I cannot help myself sometimes when I am at work and play with some of the lyrics.



Listerine!
(Sung to Oh Christmas Tree)

Oh Listerine, Oh Listerine
How brightly are your colors?
Purple, Orange and Blue and Green,
You’re nothing like my Mother’s

You started out with only Gold
So long ago, am I that old?

Oh Listerine, Oh Listerine
How brightly are your colors?

Oh Listerine, Oh Listerine
What are essential oils?
They kill the germs, and you stand firm
Your gums will look like Royals

So hard to choose, what do I use?
What is Zero? I need some clues!

Oh Listerine, Oh Listerine
How brightly are your colors?

Flossing and Brushing
(Sung to Frosty the Snowman)

Flossing and Brushing,
We should do it every day,
Good habits here
Take away the fear
And less money you will pay!

Flossing and brushing
Will keep the trouble at bay
For as the saying goes “Ignore your teeth,
And they will go away!”

There must have been some magic in those bristles and that string
For when I went in to have my exam
The hygienist said “They’re Clean!”

Flossing and brushing
The gums are healthy, pink and tight
I can smile away
Without decay
Now my teeth are shining bright!

Laughing Gas
(Sung to Up on the House Top)

They give me the nitrous
Now I’m fine
Fix my tooth please
I don’t mind

I’m happy to be here
I’m shocked to say
Relaxed and happy
As I lay

Work. work, work
Now I am calm
Work. work, work
No sweat on my palms

Enjoying the nitrous
Wow! We’re done?
Going to the dentist
Was actually fun!

Endodontics?
(Sung to Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow)

Oh the nerve is slowly dying
Pain, there’s no denying
I’m in the right locale
Root canal, root canal, root canal

The stories are surely frightening
My tensions clearly heightening
My fears I must corral
Root canal, root canal, root canal

When we finally say goodbye
I’m shocked that it went so well
The tales make you want to die
It’s like I was under a spell

But the com-fort was outstanding
Their skill was all commanding
Hey Doctor your my new pal!
Root canal, root canal, root canal

A Clenching Night
(Sung to Silent Night)

Silent night
Somethings not right
What is that sound
I flick on the light

Crackling and crunching is all I can hear
Please not a mouse, it’s my greatest fear
Tho sleeping, with all of his mi-ight
He’s grinding and clenching all night!

Impressions they take
A night guard they’ll make
To wear all night
‘till dawns morn’ light

Faithful compliance, reliefs on its way
Protection and comfort of your TMJ
Snuggling up in my flee-eece
I’ll be sleeping in heavenly peace

Wish you a very happy and healthy holiday season!


– By Julia Guerra, RDH, BA

jula@randolphnjdentist.com

Comments